Do you always pay cash when you buy your groceries? Do you know that you can save more if you pay using certain credit cards? With the high costs of living now, every cent counts. Let BargainQueen help you save by reviewing the Top 7 Best Grocery Shopping Credit Cards in Singapore! And of course do follow our site to get the latest updates on any grocery promotions!
1. Citibank SMRT Platinum Visa Card ♥♥♥♥♥
- Up to 7% savings on groceries at Giant, Sheng Siong and FairPrice
- Up to 15% savings on coffee
- Up to 5% savings on toys & books
- Redeem your SMRT$ for vouchers and rides
- Use your credit card as an EZ-Link Card for your daily commute and earn 2% SMRT$ for the Ez-Reload auto top-up transactions of more than $30.25
- Redeem SMRT$1 for $1 worth of vouchers
Enjoy up to 12% savings on groceries for a month at Giant, Sheng Siong and FairPrice for monthly spend of more than $600 if your card is approved by 31 August 2015.
Choose how you earn cash rebate based on your spending habits.
Get 5% cash rebate on one of these categories. Your choice, every calendar quarter.
- Dining & Leisure – Restaurants, hotels, bars and cinemas
- Travel – Airlines, travel agencies and online travel portals
- Shopping – Fashion boutiques, online fashion stores
- Groceries – Supermarkets
In addition to 5% cash rebate on your preferred category, you will earn 1% on all other spend too.
No minimum spend, no limits on the cash rebate you can earn.
Do note you will have to manually redeem the cash rebates online.
Get $88 cash rebate (in the form of Optimum$) when you apply for the card now. Valid for new ANZ Credit Cardmembers only.
3. UOB Delight Credit Card ♥♥♥♥♥
- Up to 8% rebate at Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant and Guardian
- 10% off house brands at Cold Storage, Giant and Guardian
- Up to 3% rebate on contactless payments and recurring bills
- Free home delivery at Giant IMM, Parkway, Tampines, VivoCity with S$150 min. spend in a single receipt
- 0.3% rebate on all other spend
- Rebates are earned in the form of SMART$.
4. Citibank Dividend Card ♥♥♥♥
- Save more than 18% on petrol
- Save up to 5% on all groceries and health & beauty /pharmacies spend (spend at least $50 to qualify)
- Save 2% on all dining spend
- Get 0.5% cash back on all other spend
5. OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card ♥♥♥♥
- Get 5% off everything at FairPrice, FairPrice Online and Unity (in the form of LinkPoint Rebates), cardmembers must spend S$500 on other retailers within the same calendar month to qualify.
- 18.3% fuel savings
- Enjoy 3% off at Bata and Popular
- Enjoy fast, easy and secure payments with Visa payWave
- Earn 2% LinkPoints rewards on EZ-Reload (bus / train)
6. OCBC 365 Credit Card ♥♥♥
- 3% cashback on supermarkets island-wide
- 6% cashback on weekend dining locally; 3% cashback on weekday dining locally and overseas dining
- 3% cashback on all online spending (travel, fashion, movie tickets etc)
- Up to 18.3% fuel savings at selected petrol stations and 5% cashback at all other petrol service stations
- 3% cashback on recurring telco bills (Singtel, StarHub, M1)
- 0.3% cashback on all other spend
- Spend a minimum of S$600 based on posted transactions in a calendar month. If you spend less than S$600, a flat 0.3% cashback is awarded. Cashback amount is capped at S$80 per calendar month.
7. OCBC Frank Card ♥♥♥
- Earn up to 6% rebates for online purchases (min. monthly spend of $500, rebate capped at $60)
- When you’ve earned S$60 rebates a month, all other purchases will get unlimited 0.5% rebates.
The focus is on grocery shopping and these cards all offer a certain % of rebates for your purchases, subjected to minimum spend. Which card is suitable for you? Firstly, if you are looking for maximum rebate for your grocery shopping, you have to accumulate all spending in one card due to the minimum spend. Secondly, it will depend on where you shop for your groceries frequently, choose the card that provides most rebates for that retailer. It doesn’t make sense to choose a card with high rebates but for a retailer that you do not frequent often. If you buy from most supermarkets frequently, you can consider the card that offers rebates on all supermarkets. If you shop online for your groceries, consider applying for the OCBC FRANK card which offers a high rebate of 6% for online purchases.
Do factor in other benefits such as petrol savings if you use your card to buy petrol frequently. Hope this post will help you decide which card is the best for you! Happy shopping and remember to pay your credit card bills on time!