Catch anime characters and comic superheroes come to life, bringing colour and laughter to the serene and scenic grounds at the Marina Barrage!
EOY Cosplay Festival is the largest free annual cosplay and youth community event in Singapore, where J-pop and anime lovers parade their passion through self-made performances, cosplay, illustrations, photography and more.
Cosplay means costume play. It is a performance art in which participants called cosplayers wear costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Favourite sources include manga and anime, comic books and cartoons, video games, and live-action films and television series. (Wikipedia)
Cosplay has grown so much in Japan, Asia and even the Western countries that cosplay events have become a common occurrence. One such event happening on an annual basis is the EOY Cosplay festival where many youths gathered with their fascinating costumes. Even if you are not a fan, I'm sure you can spend hours looking at all the different cosplayers walking around!
Event: EOY Cosplay Festival
Date: 15 – 16 August 2015
Venue: Marina Barrage
Time: 10 am to 7pm both days
Admission: Free and open to public
- Fan meet and cosplay performances by international cosplayers – Candi, Sou, Kazuko and Weon Haur
- Fan meet and dance performance by a Nico Nico Dancer Apricot* from Japan.
- Doki Doki Hearts Cosplay Cafe
- Anime merchandise booths
- Doujin and art booths
- Full-day of stage performances – songs, dances and musical instruments, by carefully auditioned performers
- Themed Ball-jointed doll booth
- Itasha and itansha displays
- Spacious event grounds where cosplayers, photographers and the general public are free to roam and take photos!
Official card: PAssion Card. Bring it for special discounts at select attractions!