Calling all Parents who are looking for school holiday's activities to engage your kids meaningfully. More than just learning how to bake, the following are what your kids will achieve:
1. Math Skills: Doubling a recipe requires addition (or multiplication) skills, halving it requires division, and recipe fractions like 1/2 cup and 3/4 teaspoon bring math applications into the kitchen. Often, kids don't recognize they are practicing math!
2. Comprehension: Reading and understanding step-by-step directions, adding ingredients in sequence, and techniques such as folding and blending, are all important components to yielding the finished food product. Helping your child fine tune his reading comprehension skills at the same time doesn't hurt!
3. Real Life Science: Baking is a science experiment. Too much sugar, baking powder, not enough flour, or the wrong timing and you're likely to have a flop on your hands. Baking provides an opportunity for kids to get hands-on experience with basic science.
4. Self-Esteem: Baking allows kids to get instant feedback, which helps them learn and grow in self-knowledge. Learning a new skill, such as baking or cooking, is known to help grade school children with healthy self-esteem development.
5. Communication: A relaxed atmosphere in the kitchen offers an opportunity to talk, about anything! Parents can take advantage of this, bond with your kid, as communication is a key element to raising a well-adjusted, healthy child.
6. Life Skills: Baking is a life skill, much like driving a car, learning to read, or swimming. As children grow and get closer to adulthood, the job of feeding becomes theirs. Start the baking lessons at a young age so the transition to adult bake is easy later on.
7. Fun! Last but not least, baking is fun! Having fun with your child in the kitchen builds positive memories, good vibes, and good food.With all the benefits of teaching kids to cook, and no limits with starting, what are you waiting for?
3 choices of venues: City Square Mall, Westgate Kids and Liang Court at Cristofori are available for workshops and day camp.