Poor Sleep, High Cholesterol, Hypertension and Heatiness. If these ailments sound familiar to you, why not try some soup therapy?
Introducing Best of the Best 4 Bilingual Cookbook which features 36 tonic soup recipes treating common ailments such as insomnia, headaches, dry eyes and other health issues.
Bring home this handy cookbook, along with Angel Brand Soy Sauce (370ml) and Oyster Sauce (180ml) at only $5.90 (UP: S$13)! You will also receive a 20% Discount Voucher on Seashore brand of bilingual cookbooks.
Visit any POPULAR store and bring home a bundle of health and goodness now!
While stocks last. T&Cs apply.
#PopularSingapore #BestoftheBest4 (more…)
Many have you have guess it correctly! The answer is:
1) The Pioneer Era (1881 – 1920) –> D) MPH (Established in 1890)
2) The Era of Local (1921-1950) –> A) World Book Company (Established in 1934)
3) The Golden Era (1951-1970) –> B) Grass Land Book Store (Established in 1966)
4) The Modern Era (1971-2016)–> C) Books Kinokuniya (Established in 1983)
Congratulations to Noor Izziaty Binti Ismail, CL Doreen Tan and Koey Huishan for winning $20 POPULAR Voucher each. Please leave us a private message with your full name, contact number, NRIC and email by 19 February and we will get in touch with you on the redemption! (more…)
Sign up or renew a 3-Year POPULAR card and receive $5 CASH voucher!
As a member, you get to enjoy 10% off at all POPULAR and UrbanWrite stores, special discounts, birthday treats and more!
What are you waiting for? Visit any participating POPULAR store to apply now!
Applicable for first 1000 applications only. Valid until 19 February. T&Cs apply.
#PopularSingapore #FEBulousSale (more…)
[VOUCHER GIVEAWAY!] Calling all book fanatics! How well do you know the local bookstore industry? Match these bookstores to the correct era and 3 participants will win $20 POPULAR vouchers each!
How to participate?
-Like and share this post
- Match the bookstores to their correct era and leave your answers in the comment section below
- Tag 3 friends to share this contest with!
T&Cs apply. Contest ends 8 February.
#PopularSingapore #PassageOfTime (more…)
Thank you for participating in the quiz and hope you had fun answering the questions! Did you manage to answer them correctly?
1) There were 5 major Chinese bookstores in Singapore during the first half of 20th century.
2) Founded in 1881, Kelly & Walsh was Singapore’s very first bookstore.
3) Singapore’s bookstore industry has a history of 135 years.
Congratulations to the following winners for winning a $20 POPULAR voucher!
- Tan Soek Hoon
- Violet Ong
- Gladys Tiyo
An email has been sent to the winners for prize redemption. (more…)
#hackit For most Singaporeans, Chinese New Year’s a time for family gatherings and a chance to catch up with distant relatives. This period could also be the only time for some to unwind and travel.
If you are planning on a short trip, here are some places to check out!
1. Bali. The island has plenty to offer travellers, from popular sightseeing hotspots to folk villages. Visit Batuan Village to see first-hand how Balinese artists and craftsmen work.
2. Bangkok’s Jim Thompson House. Take a tour of the famous ‘50s American spy turned silk merchant in Thailand’s capital city before embarking on a postprandial stroll at Lumpini Park.
3. Ishinomaki Island, Japan. Fondly known as “Cat Island” by locals, this island has more furry feline inhabitants than humans - and it’s a nice place to take some scenic shots.
4. Malapascua Island, Cebu, Philippines. With white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and amazing family-friendly resorts, Malapascua Island makes an ideal destination for beach lovers.
Congratulations to the 'Passage of Time' which has been selected into Lianhe Zaobao: 2016 Booklist of the Year!
The book chronicalise the memories of 50 bookstores across a span of 135 years and allows Singaporeans to have a better understanding of the local bookstore industry.
A great read for all book lovers, get your copy at 20% off (UP $24.50) or enjoy 30% off when you purchase both the English and Chinese edition at any POPULAR store!
#PopularSingapore #PassageofTime (more…)
Had fun with Pororo at our [email protected] 2016?
Celebrate the New Year at Pororo Park Singapore! Enter from 9pm at usual admission rates, and enjoy playtime till we close! That's right, NO additional playtime charges above the usual 2h playtime limit!
POPULAR members enter Pororo Park Singapore at partner's rate $28.50 (children ages 2 years -12 years old) (U.P $29.90).
Wait there's more! Head on down to the 3 Days Storewide Toy Sale from 30 Dec to 1 Jan at Pororo Park Singapore (Marina Square #02-29) to enjoy up to 30% off when you purchase 3 or more items!
T&Cs apply. While stocks last.
#PopularSingapore #PororoParkSingapore (more…)
Thank you for your participation, we are happy to announce the winners of the $10 POPULAR Voucher :
-Vincent Lee Wee Ping
Please leave us a private message with your full name, contact number, NRIC and email address by 30 December and we will get in touch with you on the redemption! (more…)
Prefer some quiet activity this Christmas weekend? Why not read some autobiographies? Reading life stories of famous people may offer new perspectives about an individual’s existence and purpose. Here are 5 types of autobiographies we recommend for your reading pleasure.
1. Autobiographies about influential figures and or politicians.
2. Self-written autobiographies by business leaders that actually talk about their painful climb to becoming the nation’s richest person.
3. Autographies that talk about an individual’s storied life that, at the same time, can be thought-provoking.
4. Best-selling autobiographies. For those who don’t know what to choose, opting for best-sellers is the preferred.
5. For interesting reads, you can grab autobiographies written by writers, artists and the world’s creative minds.
MEGA offerings, MEGA savings! Enjoy 15% off storewide, 10% off on CDs, gadgets and IT products! Enjoy up to 70% off these amazing star deals! Hurry down to participating POPULAR stores this weekend to get them before they’re gone!
The POPULAR Mega Sale starts from 12 August to 21 August at the following POPULAR stores: Bras Basah Complex, Marine Parade Central, Toa Payoh, Jurong Point, Causeway Point, Northpoint, Tampines Mall, Nex and Lot One.
Only 4 more days to the launch of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!
Remember to visit us at POPULAR Bras Basah on 31 July, 7.01am and redeem an exclusive DOOR GIFT PACK worth $10 with products and meal voucher from Staedtler, Haribo and Prata Wala!
From 24 June to 3 July 2016, POPULAR will be rewarding its shoppers with a Titbits and Stationery extravaganza in the heart of town, at Suntec Convention Level 3 Concourse.
Shoppers will get to enjoy up to 70% off an extensive range of Stationery, Organic, Healthy and Imported Titbits with other great bargains like the “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” Deal and the “$10 Bundle” Deal! The carnival is a fiesta of incredible offers fit for every titbit and stationery fan.