Are you a competitive runner or even just a casual runner? Come join us for a running clinic and learn how to run and train the right way among many other aspects of running.
Get the right information along with practical experience to improve your run! From the absolute beginners to the seasoned marathon runners, everybody is welcome!
6.15 am Active warm up
6.30 am Easy jogging
6.45 am Circuit exercise
7.00 am interval training and test fitness level and endurance.
7.30 am Cool down
7.45 am Post training session
8.00 am Session Ends
We will be focusing on the specific running strength exercises which is very important for every runner.
Benefit of doing these exercises:
- Prevent injury
- Improve running forms
- Develop strength and fitness level
- Event Venue: Thephasadin Stadium, 154, Rama I Rd., Pathum Wan, Pathumwan
- Registration opens at 6:15AM, please arrive before 6:45AM.
6 - 8' active warm up
10' easy jogging warm up - correcting running styles
25' = 3x (legs circuit exercise 3-4' + running 5-6')
Group A Beginners: 6 - 8' cool down jogging
Group B Advanced: 2000m tempo run - with an increased pace after every 400m is faster pace followed by a 6 - 8' cool down.
Post-training session activities:
How to maintain and improve fitness level
How to plan a weekly training (volume and intensity)
How to set up goals
- Always start your training with active warm up – full body – 5-7’. The goal is to get ready for the training, rise up your heart rate and warm and loosen up your muscles. Benefit of doing active warm up is prevent injuries and your training will be more efficient.
- After the active warm up start with very easy jogging or walking for 6-10’.
- Learn how to pace. Better to start at slower pace and finish strong. This will help you to pacing better during the race and perform better.
- Strength and endurance training is equally important if you want to have a long injury free running ‘’carrier’’
- X1 or x2 a week do a legs circuit training (2-4 set=8-15’)
- The first 3-4 month do only endurance and strength (legs circuit). Don’t need to do tempo runs or intervals. First you need to have a good base.
- Injuries: When is some part (knee, calf, hip, Achilles) of your leg begin to sensitive or painful at first time difficult to say what kind of injury you have. But it’s a sign of the body that you do something wrong (not enough warm up, stretching, too much intensity, lack of recovery etc.) or need to change something (running shoes, running style etc.) . Sometimes the pain is disappear within few days of rest and some extra stretching and massage. If the pain is stays for longer – few weeks – and not getting better than it’s better to find a specialist and the solution to solve the problem. Don’t race if you injured because there is a big chance to develop more serious injury and the recovery time will be longer.
- Training tips if you run x3/week and you prepare for 10km race:
Make sure you have at least 1 day rest – recovery between training days.
5-7’ active warm up exercise + 40-45’ slightly negative split Run (example if your average pace is 6:00’’/km than start at 6:25-6:30’’/km and every 5-7’ is slightly faster and finish with 5:30-5:40’’/km.
5-7’ active warm up + 5-10’ easy jogging or walking warm up
4’ workout = 4x(1 set of legs circuit 3-4’ + 5-7’ easy run focusing the right running style / or walk if you not fit enough)
Long run: 50-75’ endurance training
-If you can’t run continues than you can mix 1-2’ walk and 1-2’ run. And the goal is every session try to do longer run and less walk. (more…)
This Run Crew will be conducted by Ben Pulham from Coached and the Yellow Fellows.
6:30am – 7:00am: Registration/Sign-In
7:00am – 7:10am: Sharing Session by Ben Pulham
7:10am – 7:30am: "Balancing a Hectic Work Life with a Regular Training Schedule" by Heidi Makinen
7:30am – 7:40am: Toilet Break, Warm-Up, Route Briefing
7:40am – 8:20am: Easy 6km run
8:20am – 8:30am: Cool-down stretch, Group Photo-taking
8:30am onwards: Wash-up (PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS), Shopping @ TripleFit (STORE OPENS FROM 9:00AM)
- Complimentary 3-Class Trial Pass from TripleFit
- 20% UA Discount voucher (valid on same day at TripleFit only)
- 10% Discount on Coached Lab Performance Testing (a la carte only)
- 20% Discount on Coached Membership (applicable to first month only)
- The workout areas are strictly for members only. Please refrain from using the equipments pre- and post-event.
- Lockers are provided to store your belongings. You are not required to bring your own lock.
- Event will kick-start at 7:00am sharp, and the run will commence at 7:40am. We appreciate your cooperation to be punctual.
- Participants are advised to return back to TripleFit by 8:30am from the run.
- Kindly bring your own towels if you wish to use the shower facilities. No towels will be provided.
TripleFit @ 9 Raffles Boulevard #02-63, Millenia Walk 039596.
Alight at Promenade MRT station and take Exit B. Follow the Under Armour Teardrop Banners to the registration site. (more…)
Join us for a series of free basketball clinics to test your skills and become better players through on-court training sessions conducted by our certified basketball coaches!
- 4th - 10th session: Every Wednesday (5/3, 5/10, 5/24, 5/31, 6/7, 6/14, 6/21) 6:00 - 8:00PM
- 11th &12th session: TBC
1) Pre Clinic Workouts: Rebound – Pass Series
Attack Middle Jump Shot
Attack Middle Spin and Lay up
Attack Baseline Jump Shot
Attack Baseline Spin and Lay up
Attack Middle Dish
Attack Baseline Dish
2) Clinic Proper: Warm Up – Dynamic Stretching
2 vs. 0 Drive and Kick outs (Middle and Baseline)
3 vs. 0 Cutter Series (Wing-Corner-Post)
3 vs. 0 Ball Screen Series (Side and Top Ball Screens)
3 vs. 2 (Top and Bottom guys defensive reaction)
3 vs. 3 (Shell Defense)
3 vs. 3 Kick outs
3) Scrimmage: 3 vs. 3 (FIBA 3-on-3 application)
Pre Practice Workout – Skill Development
a. Stationary Dribbling/Line Dribbling
b. Shooting forms
c. Off a dribble attack movement and controls
Form 2 lines Side
Form 2 lines in the middle
Lateral Movement attack – Overhand lay ups, Hop Step
Lateral Movement Crossover dribble attack – Spin, Euro Step
d. Off a catch dribble movement
Form 2 Lines Baseline and Free throw line extended
Attack middle shot
Attack middle, Spin for lay up
e. Partner Skill Development
Form 2 lines baseline, Cross dribble movement
e.1 Ball Screen – discuss diff. kind of attacks depending on handling, work on passing skills,
e.1.1 regular pass
e.1.2 hook pass,
e.1.3 turn corner,
e.1.4 bounce back
A.2 Dribble Hand off
A.3 Dribble Drive
Partner – Shadow defense with ball, Control and defender
2 line Closeouts and tag middle, (Close out on top, tag, closeout sideline)
3 Man Passing to 2 vs. 1
3 Man Weave to 2 vs. 1, (Quick outlet, Inbound)
4 Man Weave to 2 vs. 2 (Quick Outlet, Inbound, Coach Inbound)
Mobile: +63 0997 185 4622
We will have our UA basketball shoes - the UA Charged Controller - for you to try on during the sessions! Sizes range from US8 - US12. Trial shoes are of limited quantities and are of a first-come, first-served basis.
This event is FREE! No payment required.
LUIS JOSE M. GONZALES III
UA PH Affiliate Coach
NBA PH Basketball Consultant/Clinician
Phil Sports Institute Trainer/Lecturer
One of the country’s most sought after basketball coach, Luis Jose M. Gonzalez (“Coach Louie”) breathes and lives the sport. Having deep roots in basketball, Coach Louie learned the craft from his late father, Coach Tanny Gonzalez, then the Secretary General of the Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines. With his excellent knowhow of the sport, Louie became part of Philippine Collegiate Basketball history as he coached 2 different teams to championships in the 2 most prestigious Collegiate Basketball Tournaments in the country: Colegio de San Juan de Letran Knights of the NCAA in 2015, and the De La Salle University Green Archers of the UAAP in 2016, both as Deputy Head Coach.
Currently, Coach Louie advocates the development of grassroots basketball in the Philippines, having a wealth of experience in grassroots, collegiate, and professional basketball, both locally and internationally. Coach Louie organizes regular basketball clinics that specialize in training, education, and development of aspiring coaches, young athletes, and elite athletes. (more…)
SIX Countries. TWO Days. ONE Regional Finale. #TestOfWill2017
Southeast Asia, the search is finally over for your Top Male & Female athletes who will win an all-expense paid trip to represent your country in the Regional Finals to battle it out for the Grand Prize of SGD2,500 – stay tuned to find out who they are this week!
Wonder how you fared against the other athletes from the other countries? Check out the results at: TestOfWill.com/Results
You're stronger than you think. #IWILL
SIX Countries. TWO Days. ONE Regional Finale. #TestOfWill2017
Southeast Asia, the search is finally over for your TOP TWELVE National Athletes who will represent your country in the Regional Finals to battle for the Grand Prize of SGD2,500!
Stay tuned to find out who they are this week!
Wonder how you fared against the other athletes from Southeasst Asia? Check out the results at: TestOfWill.com/Results
You're stronger than you think. #IWILL (more…)
Looking to become a better basketball player? Join us now for a series of our free basketball clinics with Coach Louie: tripleready.com/events
You are also entitled to try on our latest UA Charged Controller & the UA ClutchFit Drive 3 (limited quantities, first-come-first-served basis).
Kevin Alas and Joe Devance will also join us for tomorrow, Thursday (27 Apr, 4-6pm)!
Keep checking back for more photos. (more…)